Let the Music Heal Your Soul
Before I start talking about relationships for the next couple weeks, I thought I would share some songs that empower me every time I hear them. My middle sister, the same one that made me that beautiful collage, is addicted to music and always sends me beautiful songs. She asked me to bring more music to my page. Therefore, to honour her request, I put together ten of my favourite empowering songs. Hope you enjoy them!
1. Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way : I have been a Backstreet Boys fan since I was a young teenager. Every time I hear this one or any other of their songs, I turn it up and I am reminded of all the fun and excitement of seeing them perform. The first chord of this song though always gets me. I think it is truly beautiful.
2. Eminem - Not Afraid : I love this song when I am erging, biking, or before I go swimming. It encourages me to forget my fear and do it anyway.
3. Kutless -What Faith Can Do : Such an inspiring song about faith and persisting with your dreams.
4. Colbie Caillat - Bubbly: This song makes me think of Hawaii and ultimately brings a smile to my face.
5. Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up : This song gives me shivers down my spine every time I hear it. Absolutely beautiful.
6. Sidewalk Prophets - The Words I Would Say : This song feels like an encouraging phone call or letter from an amazing friend.
7. Nelly Furtado - Powerless: Such an empowering song by such a talented artist. I dance to it every time I hear it.
8. Natasha Bedingfield - These Words: It was hard to pick one of her hits as I have many of songs on my Ipod. I thought I would pick this one since it is about writing.
9. Rascal Flatts - I Wont Let Go : I love Rascal Flatts and this beautiful song is my favourite. It is so touching.
10. Pink - Perfect: This song always reminds me to stop comparing myself with others and that I'm perfect exactly who I am.
This is the start of my empowering song list. I already have more in mind. I will keep adding to it, and welcome your recommendations.
What are some songs that empower you? If you do add a song in the comment section below, please attach a link. I love finding new artists, so I'm excited to hear your suggestions.
Thank you for reading and your presence at this beach retreat. You Rock! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the comment section below.
See you at the beach!